Friday, August 19, 2011

What a find!

Once a year a neighboring town has what they call Gold Rush.  Basically it is an antique show, but it isn't all antiques and it is miles of fun all outside.  We always try to spend a little time digging through other people's lost treasures.  This year I hit the jackpot.  I usually only bring $20 to spend so I force myself to get the best deals I can.  This year I got my money's worth!


This was my final purchase and I love it.  I collect milk glass and I have never seen anything like this before.  The best part...I got the seller to come down to 1/2 of his original price and fat quarters fit perfectly in it!


My first purchase was this milk glass bowl.  You can probably tell I collect the grape and leaf pattern.  It also has the grapes and leaves on the inside of the bowl!  I can't wait to start using it.

These next three finds made me rather sad.  They are beautiful and they were in a basket with a sign $2 each.  I cannot imagine how much time went into each one.  I told the woman selling them I was taking them home to save them from a worse fate.  She laughed at me, but I truly meant it.




They were all beautifully done and I left a lot more behind.  I have a towel rack where they will be displayed and cared for.  Tomorrow I will show you the beautiful quilts I found made out of feed sacks and all hand quilted. :)

I am linking today with My Romantic Home.  Do not forget that tonight is the FNSI.  I have a large pile of cut fabric that I will be working on.  Happy Stitching and thanks for stopping by!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

I feel the same way when I see needlework for sale at garage sales! It took those women a long time to make the items, not to mention how much they put their heart into it to and then some long lost relative is selling it for a quarter! Love your milk glass finds too. I have been buying vintage planters and trying to repurpose them.

Michelle said...

The needlework is just beautiful, I am the same when it comes to this..............the work that has gone into them. I have a huge pile now and I am going to make them into a bed cover.
Michelle