Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Block 3 of 366 and A New Start

Wow, it is getting a little late on me here, but I did finish the block for today.  It actually didn't take as long as I thought it would, and it was easier to put together then I expected.





Today's block is Snowy Windows and is 8 inches.  I thought the applique would be more difficult, but all that actually needed applique was the quarter circle.  I did cut away the white fabric behind the blue and left a 1/4-inch seam allowance on the back.  By doing this I didn't have so much bulk when I put the rows together.  I am challenging myself and there are moments when I think I might just make it through all 366 blocks. :)


As long as I was in the sewing room I started my blocks for the Just Takes 2 mystery quilt.  I think that doing these two at the same time will actually work to my benefit.  We'll see how it goes.  They went together fairly quickly with the well written instructions, and I only have four more to do in the next two weeks.  The patterns will be on the website for the next month, so if you are even considering it, go check them out.

I'm linking today with Fabric TuesdayMade By Me Wednesdays, and Pat Sloan.  Happy Stitching!!
 --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendy said...

More beautiful blocks! I love your Just Takes 2 blocks, I have downloaded the pattern, just in case!! Hugs, Wendy