Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some stitching and the Rambler

Today's block was not about the journey, but the destination.  I'm usually all about the "getting there," but on this trip, I didn't care for the ride.  As a matter of fact, I thought about getting off...but then I decided I needed to learn how this works too, and next time I will use my own form of transportation.  :)  If you are completely lost, I will explain.


I had just watched a tutorial on doing flying geese here.  It made doing flying geese seem so EASY, fast, and no bulk.  This pattern uses three triangles, thus my not liking the "getting there."  I will make another one of these blocks, and I will use the faster, no bulk method.  It is a 10-inch block and it is number 14 of 366.  It is called Rambler.


Last night I did the stitching on this block for the Just Takes 2 quilt.  Tomorrow there will be more blocks to download...and I still have two to complete from the first group.  At least I have all the embroidery done for this set.

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend.  My family is spending some time together watching the NFL playoff games.  We have had one team win and one lose so far...hopefully tomorrow we will be two for two.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your flying geese block looks great, although I can imagine it was a tricky block to block. Have a lovely Sunday!

Theresa said...

I like the Rambler - well persevered! I have just that one Just Takes 2 block left to make - hopefully I'll get that completed some time today in time for the new patterns to be published. Your block looks lovely with the embroidery in it.