Saturday, February 25, 2012

Barbara Frietchie Star

Today's block is another something fun in a star block.  It is a 12-inch block and is number 56 of 366.


After finishing this block literally 2 seconds ago I realized something, I need to do some studying on flying geese units.  I need a much better way of putting them together...or maybe I just need a ton of practice at doing them, but for some reason they frustrate me, and I don't like being frustrated.  Maybe I should start a flying geese quilt out of scraps so I could try out every known way of making them, and by the time I've finished I should know how to put them together easily and correctly.  Do you have a favorite way of piecing them or a great tutorial you've seen?  I finally figured out the 1/2-square triangle and they are no longer a problem, now I just need to master this.  Happy Stitching!! --Kristen

2 comments:

Sharon Pernes said...

Try this tute http://craizeecorner.blogspot.com/2012/02/qst-hst-flying-geese.html
They don't call me the Craizee Ruler Lady for nothing :) this is an easy way.

And keep an eye out on my blog for a way to win lots of rulers coming up in March (hint hint)

Anonymous said...

I use the software program "triangulations". The latest version includes flying geese. Easy peasy!