Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lincoln's Platform

Today's block is one that I can honestly say I have never seen before, at least not with the squares around the border.  I love this one, and I think what really makes it for me is the fabric.


I have no idea why I chose to use 30's fabrics for this project, but I have to say, I am so glad I did.  They are just so cheerful and happy, and how could a person not smile when they look at them.  I can imagine being a little girl and choosing some of these fabrics for a special dress, and I know these blocks are going to make some wonderful quilts.  I did notice that it really is a necessity to have your seams right at a quarter inch to have the squares and the sashing line up.  Now how do you suppose women long ago kept their seam allowances the same, especially if they were hand piecing. They really were talented weren't they.  This is block 40 of 366 and is a 10-1/2 inch block.

Have a wonderful Thursday evening or Friday where ever you are in the world, and thank you so much for sharing these blocks with me!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

No comments: