Thursday, March 1, 2012

Broken Dishes

Wow is the name of Broken Dishes perfect for this block.  I made two tonight.  After doing so many two color blocks I needed to work on a block that needed more contrast again.  The first one would have been great if two of the fabrics hadn't been so close in value.  Oh well, I've hung it above my sewing machine to remind me of how important color choices really are, especially when talking about light, medium, and dark fabrics.


This is another 10-inch block.  I used some Darlene Zimmerman fabric for this one instead of the Toy Box fabrics.  My fat quarter collection of the Toy Box is getting down to just little scraps.  Lately I've only been able to find about five to seven of the prints from the collection.  This is block number 61 of 366.

Tomorrow is the last day to enter the Fat Quarter Shop gift certificate give away and you can find it here.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  I've been behind a bit on replying to comments, but I'm hoping tomorrow will give me some time to do that.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

No comments: