Saturday, June 16, 2012

Brave World

Today was such a fun-filled day.  It was day three of the Minnesota Quilt Show which was held in Rochester this year!  I wait four years for it to be held here again and this year I actually got to take a class with Darlene Zimmerman.  Darlene is the Feed Sack Lady and her class did not disappoint.  I learned how to do scalloped borders, wavy borders, and she even covered finishing hexagon quilts.  The scalloped borders and binding will work for my double wedding ring which is really exciting.


Today's block is a 10-inch block and is number 168 of 366.  Just by changing the placement of the quarters of the block I discovered I could have a white square in the middle instead of a pinwheel.  There is always something to learn.  I will have pictures tomorrow of some of the amazing quilts at the show, and I purchased some great new tools to use.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love this block, the gorgeous circus fabrics and the pinwheel are great! Are the fabrics you use 1930's?