Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bright Hopes

Just the name of this block brings a smile to my face.  I chose the fabrics, and then I sat down and tried to figure out how to sew this block together.  I figured it out!  Is it tricky? Yes it is.  Did I get frustrated with it?  No I did not.  Did I have to stop and start sewing with each strip and then come back to finish the strip...yes I did.


This is a 9-inch block and is number 169 of 366.  This block would make a wonderful child's quilt.  Oh the possibilities.  A person could even fussy cut the center with a fun fabric and you could play match game with the objects in the centers.  I was fortunate enough to spend Father's Day with my husband and son doing things we all love to do, and I also got to spend time with my father and father-in-law.  I'm so thankful for all the fathers in my life.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Another gorgeous block, you could also do a stitchery in the centre of this block. Sounds like you learnt lots of wonderful things!

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are beautiful!