Monday, June 25, 2012

Odd Fellows Chain

Today's block is another one of those great big blocks.  I love stars, but when you start getting all these bias edges and they just keep getting bigger and bigger sometimes they can be a bit of a pain the further into the block you get.


If I were naming this block I'd have to go with something like radiating star or star bright.  Once again I'm sure there is a reason for it being called Odd Fellows Chain, but I can't imagine what that would be.  This is block number 177 of 366 and it is a 16-inch block.  Do you realize that six months from today is Christmas?  It was a beautiful day here today and I just cannot imagine snow and cold, but before we know it, it will be that time again.  All the more reason to enjoy these sunny, warm days.  I'm linking with Design Wall Monday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

Kristen, each block of your block a day year long project is adding to a great quilt project. With all the larger sizes you may have to make more than one! The pattern name doesn't make sense to me either, but it's pretty hard to come up with names... This one does remind me of cooler days. Sandi