Thursday, July 26, 2012

Century of Progress

When I flipped my calendar this morning I was not excited.  


I was so not excited that I decided I was only going to use scraps because I was just sure I would never like this block and would certainly never use it in a quilt.  Then this happened...


You know what, I like it, and I'm going to use it in a quilt.  As a matter of fact, I was thinking that it would be fun to use all the scraps I have at the end of the year to make a quilt and this block would be perfect for that.  I will just have to see how many scraps I have left.  This is an 8-inch block and is number 208 of 366.  



Here are my 9-patches for this week.  I can't believe I've finished 70 blocks so far.  They sure are quicker to make than the block of the day.  If I continue at 10 a week I should be at 120 blocks by Labor Day.  Link up if you have some 9-patches to show, and don't forget to check out the Meadowbrook facebook page.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Amazing how different it looks with your pretty fabric. Your nine patch blocks look lovely too.

Darlington Delights said...

How fun! I bet it has been a blast quilting through your calendar! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Pretty!