Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Storm Signal

I was so excited when I started working on this block as it was such a wonderful twist to a 9-patch, that is until I did my final measurement and noticed I was off by a couple of inches...I then realized I needed to put the triangles on the outside of the block.


Of course the middle would make a great 9-patch, but it looks more like a storm signal this way.  Wouldn't this block add so much to a quilt if you used it as a border with the anchor from yesterday's block in the corners?  I may just have to do that.  This is block number 206 of 366 and it is an 8-1/2 inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great looking block and I think it has many neat possibilities in a border! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Jeanne said...

Very nice block! I love a nine patch and any block that resembles one.