Monday, July 2, 2012

Uncle Sam's Hourglass And A Christmas Project

Tonight I have another block with a 9-patch in the middle.  See, the more I look for them, the more I find.  This block really works well with a variety of fabrics used.


This is block number 184 of 366 and it is a 12-inch block. 


I don't know how many of you remember this project.  It is my Christmas tree skirt that I started last November and then realized just how big of a project it is.  I've been cutting and appliqueing and beading like mad this last weekend trying to see if I can't get it finished for this Christmas.


It seems Mary Engelbreit thought this tree skirt needed a lot of these flowered candies sprinkled throughout the snow.  This is the one I have finished, and each candy has 8 felt pieces before you add the beads.  It is so hot right now it is really hard to think about Christmas, but if I don't think about it now, we won't have a finished tree skirt again this year.  I'm linking with Design Wall Monday and Manic Monday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Linda Lee said...

I just discovered your blog..Would you be willing to share your source for the Uncle Sam's pattern? I am looking forward to seeing more of your blocks. Blessings.