Saturday, October 27, 2012

Whirling Square

As I do many days I went back and forth on what fabrics to use for this block.  The calendar has it in red, white, and blue, and although that is a favorite color choice of mine, it just didn't seem to do much for this block.  So, once again, I let it go until it was so late I had to make a decision and get to work.


It went together quickly as it is all half-square triangles.  This is number 300 of 366 and it is an 8-inch block.  I cannot believe there are only 66 days left in the year.  I feel like October has just flown by and it will not be long and the snow will be flying again.  Once November is here I can probably play those Christmas tunes and people won't look at me funny.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

Kim said...

I just found you through the Sew Many Ways link-up and I'm loving what you're doing with the calendar. Very pretty blocks and very inspiring idea. I also like how you sew together your hexies. What do you use as the inner hexie-shaped paper?

Roseanne said...

Very nice block.

Holli said...

Yay on the 300 milestone! I've been following you since about 240 or so. Love the daily posts and all your block finishes!

Mara said...

I like the colors you chose, very pretty.

Sisbabestitches said...

I think the colours you have picked are just lovely :)