Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent Wreath

The block for today was not an advent wreath, it was a Menorah.  As I am not Jewish I honestly would not have had a use for it.  I do have many friends who are Jewish, but I'm not sure they would have enjoyed receiving a single block.  So today I decided to do something different.


I made an advent wreath block.  I did use some of the same measurements for the candles, but the flames are different sizes than the Menorah, and the Menorah used the dreaded template for all nine candles.  It isn't perfect, there is probably a lot more I could have done with it and still plan to do with it, but it was fun to draw it out and sew it up.  This is number 345 of 366.


Here is the calendar block for today (see those template flames).  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen



No comments: