Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hour Glass

Funny how the closer I get to the end of a project the easier it is to work on it earlier in the day. :)  I had no problem getting to the sewing room by about 10:30 a.m. and having this block finished by 10:45.  Kind of sounds silly now, but wow does it feel good to be this close.


Another 9-inch block for the stack.  I actually was awake until about 3:30 this morning thinking of possible layouts for some of these blocks.  I know I can get at least five large bed sized quilts out of them all, and then the wall hangings.  I would love to start pulling blocks and seeing just how they can be used.  Of course the topic of conversation today has been, "now what are you going to do with them all?"  Although there is still a lot of work to these blocks getting them all "put together," a lot of the work is already done, and it doesn't seem so impossible with that part behind me.  Of course there is always the question of sashing (pieced or plain), borders (pieced or plain), one-color quilts, two-color quilts, or every color quilts, how big or small do you go, do you stay with one size block or mix them up.  See why I couldn't sleep last night?!  Oh yes, I almost forgot, this is number 365 of 366!!!!!!

Stash Report....

Used this week:  0
Used year to date:  10 yards
Added to this week:  10.5 yards
Added to year to date: 118.0 yards
Net used for 2012:  -107.50  

So it has been since OCTOBER that I did a stash report and to be honest I just gave up on it and started buying fabric at a crazy rapid rate, throwing all caution to the wind and just purchasing whatever I wanted (I'm kidding, but I'm trying to see if you are still reading at this point).  It was just too boring not ever putting anything in the "used column."  I know I have used at least 16 yards of background fabric alone on my blocks this year, but since I am not counting it until it is a finished quilt, it isn't added.  So, I am here and now saying that I am going to use up a LOT of fabric in 2013, and I am going to keep track very carefully of what comes in and what is used.  I am not saying that I will not purchase any fabric, but if you know of any good deals between tonight and tomorrow, let me know. :)  You can see what the others have listed for their stash reports here...or join us in 2013 if you want to keep track of yours too.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

6 comments:

WyoPat said...

I was still reading... :-)

Holli said...

I like to live in the here and now, but I can't help wondering what I'll see from Meadowbrook day after tomorrow! I don't want it to end (but maybe YOU do!) I so admire what you have done Kristen!! Happy Old Year to you!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Huge thanks for the status update on the stash. I have just quoted your figures to my hubby and all of a sudden my purchases look fine :) Huge thanks for that :o) Have a great new year, hugs

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a job nearly finished! I, too, don't want the daily base touch to end. I have appreciated your cheerful checking in every day. God bless your new year as he did the old.

Debbie said...

Can you believe you did it? Congratulations!! I know you have one more, but I'm sure you will get that done!

I have looked forward to your post every day. So, what's next year going to bring??

Anonymous said...

I´ve been following your blog this year and now I can say Congratulation!!!! You really did sew a block every day :) That´s very good work!
Gun, Sweden
Happy New Year!!!!!