Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm Back And I'm Going To Be Ready for Christmas!!!

There is no way I am ready for Christmas, but if I start now, I may just be prepared this year.  Besides, there is always a "Christmas in July" somewhere.  I'm hoping to finish up a few projects I've started so they are ready to go when it is time to start decorating.  I'm also going to try to sew every single day in July, maybe finishing something, maybe not, but with that goal I should see at least some progress on a few projects that have been sitting for a while.


My son has begged me to make these felt sports ornaments for a while now, and the soccer ball is finished.  I'm actually amazed at how my real tree outside kind of looks fake, but it is definitely alive and overgrown.  :)

My family has driven over 3800 miles in the month of June.  We have traveled to basketball camps and cabins and I think we are ready to stay home.  I normally fill my car with gas once to twice a month so to say this was a huge stretch for us is an understatement.  The good thing is I got to spend a lot of time talking to my son, enjoying his company, and dreaming about the future.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Narelle said...

Great little ornament and I love your plan to sew each day :o)

Sparky said...

Kristen....are you in on the stamp today...please let us know if you are and when you are up ok

Thearica said...

Hope to see your stamp real soon.

Wendy said...

Your plans for July sound great and your new ornament looks perfect!