Sunday, September 1, 2013

Not My Favorite...

The first week of school is over and the sports are once again starting, which means I am going to have a lot of time spent sitting and waiting.  As I was searching out projects to finish I found this table runner that had been started long ago.  In my frustration with the points that don't match or are cut off I just put it in a drawer and forgot about it.  I honestly cannot remember how long ago I pieced it, but I had a realization when I found it.  It could be used to practice machine quilting and to perfect my binding.


This was a kit and I'm not quite sure why I purchased it in the first place.  Is this my favorite quilt, far from it.  Would I purchase the kit again if I had the chance...no.  But I did finish it, I learned a few things while doing that, and I used up some fabric that isn't my favorite on the back too!  My mom used to tell me that if I learned something from a difficult situation I was far better off having gone through it.  I definitely learned something on this one...thanks Mom for making me see things this way.


We went for a ride yesterday and I only had a few seconds to grab something before we left.  I had two extra skeins of yarn that I've wanted to do something with for a long time just to get it out of my sewing room. I started this prayer shawl when we got in the car and actually made quite a bit of progress in just a short time.  It is an easy knit three, purl three pattern and was a wonderful easy project to work on that didn't include a lot of thinking or concentrating.  It will definitely be in my "to go" bag.  I'm now off to finish some pin cushions.  The hop is 10 days away and I have so many ideas and projects to finish before it starts! :)  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

It;s a very nice runner Kristen; maybe not your favorite, but nothing wrong with it...and I like to practice my machine quilting on things that aren't my favorite...

N.C.Fabric Junkie said...

love love love your prayer shawl could you please tell me what pattern you are using?

Jacqueline said...

LOL you sure do like to multi task.. I am the same way, can't just sit and do nothing when there are so many projects that are marching around in my head.

thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Your runner is lovely and your quilting is beautiful. Love the look of your knitting too!

N.C.Fabric Junkie said...

Kristin I tried your prayer shawl and it comes out looking like a three by three rib. does yours look like that up close. its hard to tell from your picture. Linda