Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Minis and More

Yay!  I finally finished a mini quilt for the Minis and More parade at A Quilting Life and Island Life Quilts.  It isn't that I don't always try, it just seems some months get away from me time wise, and then I miss the parade.


It is ironic that I'm finishing a tulip quilt after our first snow of the season.  It is a fun and happy Thimbleblossoms quilt that was quick and easy to make.  I'm actually ahead of the game with one spring quilt finished.


I tried some squiggly quilting this time and wow was that fun!  I am definitely going to have to try it on a bigger quilt.  I'm finding the best way to try new quilting ideas is to use smaller quilts, that way if it doesn't really work out, it is less to tear out or live with.

Make sure to check out the other quilts in the parade today.  I'm excited to see what the next project will be.  Happy Stitching and first day of December!!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Michele said...

Love it Kristen! That's what I made too! We'll be ready for Spring!

Karen O said...

Hi Kristen, long time since I visited. I LOVE your tulip quilt and I love that you finished it during the snow!